It reads...
To: MOM
From: Kayelee
I love you Mom You make my happy you are the best in the whole world and you are a champion cause you always chose the right (a heart with CTR in it) you are a good Mom.
The words that follow are very personal to me ones I want my children to be able to read when this book is printed. You are welcome to read them (since I know everyone who reads this blog) but I just thought I'd give you that disclaimer in case you don't want to get to personal:)
This was on my door yesterday. It is sweet things like this that remind me what is really most important in this life, it puts everything into perspective and makes every mom duty a meaningful adventure, every doctor's visit, every hospital stay, every dance practice, every drive to school, every meal made, every band aid placed, every grocery run, every prescription pickup, every errand ran, every hearing aid appointment, every brace check, every pair of glasses, every cub scout meeting, every sports practice, every diaper changed, every Family Home evening, every Scripture read, every prayer said, every church meeting attended, every song sung, every child rocked, every hug hugged, every kiss offered, every time I love you is said. These become treasures instead of trials or duties.
I love this Kayelee girl. I am so happy she is still here in this life. I know that may sound a little extreme and I wish I was being extreme. I have never seen death knock on someone's door until my experience with Kayelee, and while I do not fear death because I know God and his plan I fear life without any one of my children or my husband. The huge hole that would be in my heart until Heaven.
And so this Thanksgiving and every single day I am so thankful for 5 amazing children and one amazing Man who make life matter and worth it. Life is not perfect for us, but I think that is part of what makes it so WONDERFUL. We experience moments with each other that bind us together forever, moments and times we would not trade for the world itself even though they are some of the hardest things we will ever have to face. Seeing children suffer is among those for me.
The relationship I have with Kayelee has become a treasure to me along with every sweet individual relationship I have with each one of my kids, all of my relationships have been strengthened because of my experience with her, I have spent countless hours at Kayelee's bedside and it has made me a better person and mother because of it. She has taught me so many things the strength of a person is so amazing, and the strength of a little person is even more amazing. We are truly God like people if we choose to be. We have to choose though. We have it in us because our spirits were created by God and so our potential is truly endless. So on a rough day remember that...
Life is beautiful, and be grateful you get to live it.
6 comments:
What a wonderful, uplifting post! You are a champion mom Deb! Way to always stay so positive about challenges and trials. You have 5 very lucky kids to have you as their sweet mom. I'm in awe of your strength, courage, and example of positivity! May the Lord continue to bless your sweet daughter in her difficult ordeal!
Thanks for sharing this. You are a wonderful mother and friend. :)
Getting letters like that are those little tender mercies that help reguvinate us moms! Very sweet!
Well said. I appreciate your sincerity. I admire and look up to you in many ways. You have a lovely family, and you are a great example. You focus in on what's really important. Thank you. I love you Deb.
Gosh, your words always just go straight to my soul and bring my emotions right to the front!! It's like I have said in the past...when your day has been crazy, or full of trials, or just plain exasperating...then it is perfect...its all the good mixed with the bad that makes life worth living, that carves us into who we are as people, and spirits...You really are a champion, and the BEST mom...that Kayelee is made of greatness as well...we all have so much to learn!!
That was one of the most profound things I have ever read. I admire you and your family so much (just in case I haven't told you yet) and you are such a wonderful example of a strong, loving mother. Thanks for sharing that--it brought good tears to my eyes.
Post a Comment