Friday, December 16, 2011

A Baptism and a Blessing

It was a special year... Kambree was baptized in July and Emree was blessed in November. Below is  a letter I sent out to the family after these two sweet occasions.

Last week Joe blessed Emree, he gave her a beautiful blessing and it was a wonderful day, thanks to all who came and all who were there in spirit. In July Kambree turned 8 and was baptized it was a beautiful day as well as she made the decision to be baptized and join the church. Kambree gave a lesson in Family Home Evening about the sacrament and renewing your baptismal covenants and things we can do to remain faithful. She sometimes amazes me at what she knows and I know she is trying to take her baptismal covenants very seriously.

With Emree being born this year and Kambree getting batized I thought it was so special that these sisters could share the opportunity to each wear one of their three white dresses together. These moments are some I will cherish forever. Two sweet beautiful girls, one brand new from Heaven and one becoming clean in the waters of baptism. Kambree has a special mission to bless the lives of many I have known that since she was a small girl, some very challenging things have surfaced for Kambree this year and yet her attitude and charcter remain the same. She tries so hard and never gives up she smiles with optimism all the time. She overcomes challenges I view as mountains, things that would take most of us minutes take her many minutes and even hours at times and yet she is happy to do it. Honestly she amazes me and I often feel like she is the teacher and I am the child.

When my friend sent me over these beautiful pictures this morning that she had taken I couldn't help but be so grateful for my family I feel truly blessed with the richest blessings. I love my family so so much. My greatest joys and my greatest blessing come from being a mother and a wife, and with that I'd like to add daughter, daughter-in-law, step daughter, grand daughter, aunt, sister, sister-in-law, and niece.

Love,
Deborah

1 comment:

The Yearsley's said...

I LOVED that post! Gave me the chills reading it! How special to have 2 girls in white dresses at the same time. And the picture of them together is just precious! And Kambree looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! She looks like she's grown up and matured so much since the last time we saw her. What a special girl she is!