Tuesday, June 10, 2008

First Grade Here We Come...

Ok this may sound a bit bad but in the last few weeks I have already been to two graduations and I only have a pre-schooler and a kindergartener oh my I thought graduation was only for seniors in high school. No you should have seen it parents had balloons there, presents the whole sha-bang all for kindergarten graduation, Kyle had me, Kambree, Kayelee, and Kapri there to cheer him on, thats it.

It was a bit sad I will admit to see him finish up his first year of school now he will go to school full time next year (all day, which I am not excited about) so life will be a little differnt and I know that will be hard for me. Kyle is a true leader an amazing little person, his teachers had nothing but wonderful things to say about him, they told me numerous times that they wished they could clone him and have more kids like him. They said they often put him at a table with kids who had trouble with dicipline or needed extra help because of his amazing leadership. They said it was so neat how at such a young age you can already see that natural leadership. It was cool for me to hear them say those things because you don't know how they will act in a new situation when you are not there and he just steped it up and helped those around him, his teacher said they specifically put him by a kid that didn't know is letters because Kyle did so he could help him along. I was very happy at the way he conducts himself when we are not around (probably better than when we are)

He was in the top of his class with two other kids. He did an awesome job. I can't help but be so pleased with my little man... Taking after my big man:) in more ways than one. The other day we were at Costco and he was jumping in the big freezers and giving some people there a good laugh and a husband and wife stopped me and made some comment about him being in the freezer and then looked at my cart full of 3 girls and said you gotta give him that he's gotta be a boy, they were glad to see even with 3 sisters he is all boy and oh believe me he is.


I do have to tell a sweeter story about Kyle while we are talking about him. We were at church a few weeks ago and he saw that my lap was empty (not often it is) and so he came and just jumped on my lap and he sat there pretty much the whole sacrament meeting, and we just shared a good 30 minutes of us time not saying much just enjoying being there at church together. That doesn't often happen and I love every minute of it. I know my days are numbered when he will sit on my lap and snuggle like that with me but I'll take it and savor it for as long as I can and then look back on these moments and just CHERISH them... my baby is growing up.




Mrs. Peterson... What an amazing teacher She did an awesome Job and Kyle just loved her, he learned so much in her class, I wish there were more teachers like her.




I'm a 1st grader!!



Performing a song they had learned about moving on to first grade

4 comments:

Tyson and Laurel said...

How fun! What an awesome little man you've got there. Good work :)

Becky J. said...

Wow, that's amazing he's old enough to go to first grade! Sounds like he's as awesome a student as he is a kid and I'm sure you're very proud. What a cutie to top it off!

Rachel Berry said...

Way to go! He's sounds like such a great boy! I say we keep him in the family!
I hear you on having a first grader already. Brinley will also be in 1st grade. She's excited for all day, but I'll miss having her around in the afternoons.
I'll will have a 1st, 3rd, & 5th graders this upcoming school year. Man I'm getting old!

:)R.

Anonymous said...

You know I adore that kid and am SO SO proud of him....You can tell he'd be a leader since he was little! He looks so squishable cute and handsome too-Give him loves for us.