Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crazy... Again??

Ok so I posted about my crazy day I was hoping that was the end for a while but boy was I wrong. I'll do a fast re-cap of it so you don't have to read all the details but I had to share hopefully it will make you laugh.

1. Today was sunday... We forgot it was day light savings. It was Ward Conference in our ward and we missed most of scrament meeting, that is the first time we have ever done that.

2. Why did I do that on a day like today... You'll know what I mean when I get to the end.

3. I was in charge of sharing time.

4. When they sustained the primary presidency no one was there, the song leader was a bit worried being it ward conference and all the Stake primary presidency would be joining our primary.

5. I show up and start setting up for sharing time and realize there is no microphone on the podium or conducting sheet no one has been here to set things up for primary.

6. All the stake leaders along with a member of the stake presidency are there.

7. Oh my I am the only one here today from our primary presidency.

8. Scramble to get everything ready and wear all the hats since everyone else is gone.

9. Kyle say the opening prayer.

10. Turn the time over to the Stake presidency member.

11. One teacher is missing and didn't get a sub.

12. Never welcomed any of the stake leaders (my head was spinning I wasn't planning on conducting).

13. The stake found a teacher for the teacherless class. We get him a manuel.

14. Get all my copying dropped off at the library for sharing time.

15. Find out the primary president is in the hospital with a kidney stone, she is having surgery.

16. Turn the time over to the stake for singing time, wait the stake song leader is not here yet.

17. Turn the time over to our song leader because they are not here, she was not planning on that because the stake was supposed to do it, thank goodness she did it anyway. I hustle to the library to get her some pictures.

18. Find out the other counsler's son died last night and she is on her way to Alaska.

19. Find out the Secretary forgot about daylight savings as well and her husband is out of town so she had no help with her kids. She comes though thank goodness she helps get things organized.

20. I do sharing time and we finish the day with the stake leaders showing an awesome viedo.

21. I perspired about a gallon through the whole thing. My armpits were completly soaked (ok I know that is gross but it was true.) I litterally ran down the hall in the chruch with a huge pregnant belly(it wasn't a fast run).

22. We finish and I clean up the primary, gather all my stuff from sharing time and walk out to the car just laughing.

23. What just happened?

24. I get home and think...

Come what may and love it!!!! Thanks Elder Wirthlin for that wonderful little message I needed it today!

25. Oh what a day, what a day, I just should have expected it after friday:)

8 comments:

Bobbi said...

Wanna run away with me? ;) What a crazy week you have had. I'm sure you handled it well. You always do.

burgoyneteam said...

Sounds like a busy couple of days -- I can relate I've had a few of those myself. I'm not quite as good of a story teller -- and you have such a good attitude!

Jenks Family said...

ok so I have not read your blog in a long time.I was laughing so hard about all that your car has been through. I hit our garbage can a few months ago and you would not think a garbage can would do that much but it left a mark. I hate days like that. Sounds like you are busy.

The Yearsley's said...

Oh man! I know you already told me the whole story (and it sounded awful then), but it's alot worse seeing it all written out like that!!!! You are definatley a trooper though! I bet noone even noticed that there was even an issue-knowing you, you pulled it off perfectly! And I just love that you walked away from it laughing in the end! Most people (like myself) would have had a melt down! :) You are AWESOME!!! Hope you have a better week!!! We should do something??

SouthfieldFam said...

I have never figured out why it always goes to heck in handbag when the stake comes for primary! A little girl in our ward stood on her chair and MOONED the stake primary president once during my sharing time! I almost died! Keep on smiling cause from what I'm told someday we will miss this craziness! ;o)

Trina said...

Nice day for all that to happen. I'm glad you have a sense of humor.

A.Lee said...

Ohhh, I've had Sundays like that. I almost never welcome the Stake Primary Pres because I'm so overwhelmed putting out the fires. I even have what I call my "Sunday deoderant" because I need extra strength help. And I love that you ended with Elder Wirthlin's statement. I will miss that man! He was awesome.

Unknown said...

Some Sundays do not feel like a "day of rest", ya know?