The first day of school (actually the 2nd)--- My big 2nd and 1st grader, they are growing up way to fast. They are going to a Classical Charter school this year and they have a very strict dress code so that is why they are dressed that way. I will post more about the Charter School later, but so far I am really impressed, I am excited for the education they will receive there.
The kids did great for the first day I took them and we went to opening cermony (flag cermony and some cool things they do specific to that charter school). I dropped them off and then picked them up(the day was actually a lot crazier than that but I will spare you all the details) at the end of the day. I asked Kyle how the day was when I picked him up and he said SCARY. There is no playground toys right now, just balls and jump ropes until they get stuff built, uniforms which they are not used to and a different way of learning but a really great opportunity. They were so glad they got to be together I am so glad they are so close so they can be there together. By Friday they were feeling a bit more comfortable and I think they are liking it. Kyle learned about Minutemen and loyalty and charity (not often what you learn about in traditional school) and Kambree's class read a story about George Washington. Already some really cool things in the first few days.
I miss my kids while they are gone to school, it was such a great summer having them at home. It is sad to send them out the door everyday and even scary. It is hard to send your babies out into the real world. They are great kids though.
I am excited for their new adventure and after lots of thoughts and prayer and me learning about what a classical education is ( I need to still learn a lot more that is why I am excited to learn with them) I feel good about the decision to send them there. We'll see what the future brings, I am excited to see. They will begin learning Latin in 3rd grade so there really are just some cool things this school offers.
Kyle and Kambree on their 1st day
Park City, enjoying the hot tub, I sure have a hot hubby, and those are some cute little girls too.
7 comments:
Wow, a charter school! That's really cool, and I can't wait to hear more about it. I obviously am an advocate for public schools since I taught there, but I know very well the scary stuff about them, too, so I'm leaning towards charter schools, too (unless we end up staying here because the schools here are wonderful.) I hope it's a great year for them both and that you all love it!
The charter school sounds great. I think they are a great alternative to public schools. Way to be active in the education of your kids! I think that a parents involvement makes all the difference.
They just put in a new charter school down the road from us. I haven't looked in to it at all and what they offer, so I really don't know the benefits of one. I'm happy with the school they are at for now though! Your reunion looked really fun. A lot of planning!!
Park City was SOOO SOOO fun! I'm so glad you guys were there! That is so awesome that your kids are liking the charter school! Love ya!
:)
Okay-Those last 2 deletes are from me. I worded what I was trying to say, funny! So anyway, here's what I meant to say....
Oh, I think that picture of Kyle and Kams on their first day is so so sweet. They just look precious to me-getting ready to start their big adventure. And I LOVED reading (and seeing) all about the reunion and Park City-It really was SO SO fun! (I'm months behind on my blog, so we'll see when I get my post done about it!) Anyway....We LOVED getting to spend so much time with you guys and we all definitely got to cozy it up in our room we shared together! It was the best! Love you :) xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment