Thursday, September 17, 2009

Time out

last weekend I went to Time out for women and it was so so good. It is something Deseret Book puts on and they bring LDS entertainers and speakers and they come and talk and entertain it really was so good. I went with Cynthia and Karen on Friday and My sister-in-law on Saturday it was so fun to go with great friends too.

It was Friday night and most of the day Saturday. I was sad to leave the kids since they had been gone so much at school but it really was such a great spiritual uplifting weekend, makes me want to be a better person and mother. I'll have to put on my playlist some of the songs that were sung there. And I don't know if you know who Mark Mabry is but he photographs real people as Christ and did an exibit of Christ's life for an Easter day show in his community and now has a book etc. If you google Mark Mabry you can see his work, amazing, anyway he was there and told his story and it was so so good! anyway overall it was just a great weekend. I am going next year when they come back in November so if you want to go with me let me know. I love the chance to go to things like that that help me educate myself more and help me to want to be a better Mother, Wife and Person. It really was so so good.

1 comment:

Letti said...

I am glad that you were able to get away. I have yet to go to time out for women but I have heard nothing but great things about it. I can't wait to hear some of the music. Every Mom needs a break I know it makes us better Moms.