Ok so I told you I would share our visit to Washington and boy did I share:) you got yourself an eye full of us I know this is a huge post but I didn't want you to miss out on any of our wonderful trip. I must say I love Washington and more specifically my home there it is a wonderful place and I had such a unique opportunity to be raised on a farm differnt from living in a subdivision thats for sure where the next house is a hop, skip, and a jump away, Joe and I both would like to own a bit of land someday to give our kids a taste of the great outdoors and a unique experience. For now we are enjoying our subdivision, but after seeing all these pictures again I realize it doesn't hold a candle to the farm.
While we were there in Washington Brian, Camilla and their boys came from Cleveland (where Brian is attending podiatry school) to visit as well and we loved, loved, loved seeing them. They have a little baby, Tyler who was born last July with hydrocepilus (sp?) (I am not much of a speller if you hadn't noticed I live for spell checker) he is doing amazing and it was so wonderful to see the progress he is making! We had a great time seeing them, We don't get to see them often and it was a real treat so spend some time with them. Ok enough of the talking enjoy the pictures!!
Grandma made cape's for all the kids before we went home and Kapri did not want to take her's off I think she wore it most of the way home.
Kyle's Birthday Cake from Grandma and Grandpa
(a nice place to be)
The never ending slide at the lake house (my parents own a lake house up by lake Cour'd alene) They have this in the yard up there it is crazy long but the kids love it.
Camilla, Jacob, Tyler, and Brian
Kambree loved looking at the big picture of everyone that, we took last summer at the family reunion, it is so wonderful to have a picture of everyone together.
Can I tell you how much I just love this wonderful Mommy of mine she is truly one of the most incredible women I know. I love her and the memories and teaching she has given me all my life, I am so glad she picked me to be her daughter. She is an amazing example of what is "so good" in this life. I owe all the good stuff that I am to her:) and my dad too:)
Home made bread what a delicious smell and taste! My mom made each of the kids their own little loaf and the kids decorated them with the little things you stick in the end of a corn on the cob, the funny things they think up.
One of Kambree's favorite thing to do at the farm house ride on the tractors all over Grandma's never ending cement, we found her doing this naked one time, I tell ya she loves it!
My good ol' Dad and his bale of Timothy he was taking it up to a guy that lives near the lake house that has horses and just giving it to him for free, my dad is always doing that kind of stuff. He taught me what it means to have a great big heart.
I went with him to load up these bales and the kids came too, they threw rocks in the ditch while I helped my dad load it up and I thought as we were doing it how much fun it is to be out there in the beautiful field, it was good times, I had a great up bringing I won't say it was easy, when your burning daylight at 5:00am, and have to go change water before and after school ,and when spring breaks and summers are never something to be excited about cause all you do is work your rear end off, and when you pick rocks in a huge field to think there is no way you can ever pick up all these rocks, and when you work from sun up to sun down, thin apples, pick cherries etc. (taking us water skiing after a long days work made it worth it though, one of my favorite things my family did for fun) I won't say it was easy but some very valuable lessons were learned, and memories I will cherish and hold dear forever! Ok enough of the sentimental stuff we had a great weekend with my Mom, Dad Brian, Camilla and their gang!!
14 comments:
I love your parents' lake house! We have visited many times. Your mom is a very talented decorator! I love the farm. My kids love it as well! What a great place to grow up! Now we're city people!
Your parents are some of the neatest people. I feel blessed to have met them, even if for such a short time. No wonder you are so amazing - it sounds like you were taught the best things in life! Spirituality, Hard work, Fun, Relationships, and all from a loving family. You are the best!
It really does sound like an awesome weekend! I was trying to get any glimpse I could of the Lakehouse and I think I saw it in the background and it is beautiful!! Also, Tyler is SO SO cute and looks great!! I love all your fam :)
Now I want to move and buy a farm! What a fun way to grow up and what beautiful lessons it taught you! Sounds like your parents are the best!
Deb - I LOVED seeing all the pics from your fun trip! I know I always tell you, but I am the biggest Freeman Family fan :) Just this last weekend me and Holly and Shannon and Cara were reminiscing about the weekend we loaded up in my dad's truck and drove out to Washington to spend the weekend at your parents! That was so fun and random and made for a great memory! :)
Deb ~
What a CooL place to LiVe & get the "real life" experiences! :o>
My Aunt & Uncle have a Farm & we LoVed visitng them during the summer times! I didn't too much of the Farm Work growing up... but I did get A LOT of the Re-Modeling Houses Work! It's made me appreciate everyting that goes into "building" a Home! & Taking Care of One!
I LoVed the Pictures of everyone & everything! Thanks for sharing something so dear to your heart with us!
What a fun weekend! Growing up on a farm is very different from the city, and it's funn you wanna go back. I'm done with that! LOL! Anyways, glad you had such a nice time with your family, and wow, haven't seen your brother Brian since forever...probably a good 10 years, and wow he's grown up! What cute kids he has too!
What a fun weekend! It was great to read about it! We are so glad you guys are doing well. The pictures are all so fun. :)
How FUN! I am so glad you could go spend some time with your family and make memories. What a great place you grew up in! Your parents sounds like amazing people. Explains why you turned out so great! :)
Ahh - your post reminds me of my upbringing on a farm. It is a great way to grow up. Aaron and I plan to buy some land next time. :) Great pics as always!
How FUN! I didnt know you grew up on a farm. I should have guessed though, you are such a hard worker. Josh loved serving in CDA. Ill have to show him these pictures.
Love you and come meet Grace when you are down next weekend! She can almost fit into that dress you gave her.
What a splendid place to spend a childhood. I love everything about it. The view is gorgeous, too. Your mom is so cute to make each kid their own loaf of bread. Thanks for sharing.
Being raised on a farm is truly a blessing. For now we are blessed to have a hay field in between my parents and us and the kids love walking to and from. It looks like you had a great time with your family. I have a friend who had a baby about 4 months who was born with hydrocephalus. She truly inspires me when she talks about her baby and all that she has been through and has yet to go through. She's so incredibly strong through it all. I'm brought to tears reading about it. She's on my blog--Donald and Lisa. Anyways, have a great day.
Isn't it nice to visit home? When I go home I love to just drive around...I don't remember thinking BC was such a beautiful place when I was younger...but everytime I go home I am just amazed at how pretty it is! I miss it and am very jealous you got to go home. It's so nice seeing pictures of your parents...I miss them! Your mom is one of the best ladies I've ever met! Just love her!
Post a Comment