Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Funny Story




Ok so I told you back when I posted the pictures about the shutters that I would later tell you a funny story about Joe that day so here goes, I am finally getting to it.


Ok so he is out on this extension ladder trying to fasten the shutter to our house all the while he is holding all the tools and trying to hold on for dear life so he does not come crashing down. Well so he asks me Deb will you find me a back pack that I can hold the tools in, I of course say sure, so I go find the first back pack I can think of one of Kyle's that is full of toys, so I dump out the toys and run out and give him this wonderful Buzz Light Year back pack, lets just say he was not too thrilled he was not excited to be standing up there on his ladder for the whole neighborhood to see him sporting his Buzz back pack, needless to say I found him a few minutes later with a Man back pack, I guess my Buzzie back pack just wouldn't quite cut it for a man on a ladder.
Ok well I guess that story wasn't all that funny but there you go read or don't read:)

15 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

That's so funny! It's time to buy your man a tool belt. :):)

♥Rachel

Mikaela said...

That was hilarious! It's all these little things that make life so funny! Thanks for giving me a chuckle today! :)

Bobbi said...

ha! That's funny! On a side note, I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones that carry all their toys around in their back packs. :) Drives me nuts!

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing my "brosky" up there like that! Hee, hee :)

SouthfieldFam said...

Did you guys make the shutters or buy them? I want to put some on my house now too, would that totally offend you? It just looks so much better than the run of the mill, shoebox shaped hubble home!

Summer Freeman said...

Deb, I love the shorts too! My hus would never do anything in shorts, it might scratch up his legs. Yours will never do anything with a buzz lightyear back pack!!

A.Lee said...

Oh, I wish I would have caught him out there with Buzzie! That is so classic. After hanging our own shutters, I realized how dangerous it really is--esp trying to manage tools and stuff. We never thought of the back pack, just popping out the window screens and me the prego lady hanging out the window to help.

Melissa said...

HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard when I saw those pics and read the story behind them.

Brian&Pam said...

LOL...that is TOO FUNNY! I'm so glad you thought to get a pic! :)

hilary w said...

Are you kidding? That story is hilarious! I am laughing out loud at those pictures. Thanks for sharing! :)

GSGC StrongFamily said...

I personally think the Buzz backpack is pretty snazzy!

courtney said...

Hey Deb, I am excited to see your blog and see how much your kids have grown! Wow!

I thought you were going to say that police showed up or something, thinking that Joe was trying to break into the house and fill his backpack up with stuff from the house.

CAMI said...

That is too funny! SO we will be moving down there The end of june! hope we will see you guys!

NT Weekes Family said...

When I saw the picture.... the first thing I thought was... Nice Buzz Light Year BackPack! lol
That is too Funny! What really makes the story is the fact that we went & got a different one! :o)
Thanks for sharing your FuN life with us!

Justin and Janell said...

Too Funny!