Sunday, May 4, 2008

We are still alive, kind of...


Ok so I can't believe it has been like three weeks since I have posted a post, that is crazy! Well we are still alive here but you wouldn't believe how busy it has been, primary, Cub Scouts, Modbe, 4 cute kids and a hubby, a sometimes traveling hubby, and one who works with the young men in our ward, kids who I take to school everyday all of it has been kicking my rear. We are so busy!!! Modbe is raging with all the suits, primary has been busy with day camp registration, my turn for sharing time, meetings, meetings and more meetings, primary activity day, etc. yard work, running, soccer here and there, house work, kids, kids, and more kids, meetings with teachers, and did I say Modbe parties I have three next week and I had two last week, ok so yeah I think I mentioned a few things a lot, I really do feel like sometimes we are just a tiny bit above sinking but crazy to think we love life!!! It really is fun! I just wish I could get to this blogging thing more often, and I wish I had a few more hours in each day. I signed the kids up for swimming lessons and got brave enough and bought a pass to the pool here. We'll see how it is with 4 kids but I am excited, if it will ever get warm. Also I do have to say quick that it is our anniversary today, I had not even thought a lot about it we have been so busy, so I called like three girls yesterday to baby sit and all were busy so Joe came up with a grand idea, it was so cute I had primary activity day in the morning and then a Modbe party so when I got home Joe had a very cute plan to get take-out and make the kids stay downstairs with popcorn and their own movie while we went up to our bedroom and ate our food on a blanket while watching a chick flick, I will say it was so fun just what I needed and so relaxing... I didn't take a single picture though so silly, well it was fun and pretty cheap too. I will say the kids didn't stay downstairs the whole time but they did pretty good, Joe told them the only reason they could come upstairs if if someone got hurt and well there were a few bangs but nothing too serious, what do you expect with a 6 year old in charge.
I do have to brag really quick about Joe, he is so awesome and thoughtful, he got me an awesome gift it is GPS you can attach to your arm while running, I mentioned a while ago how cool it would be to get one of those someday, so my sweet little hubby without me knowing went behind my back and did all the research and found me the perfect one and gave it to me for our anniversary/mother's day, what a cool present, I am so excited I don't buy stuff like that for myself too often so it was a very fun exciting suprise, I'll have to let you know how I like it after I use it.


Ok well I have tons to share and catch up on if I can ever really catch up but quick I do have to share one more thing and then I hope to get to the rest of this blogging thing some time this week.


So Pam (our favorite Pammy) came this week with her friend Brian and we had a blast with them it was only for a short time but it was still so fun, I laughed so hard my abs got a workout of a life time! We laughed so much! Brian really is a funny guy, The kids really loved seeing Pam and meeting Brian and he was a lot of fun for the kids, they gave him a run for his money and he was a really good sport about it. Well here is a little picture of our fun day. Ok so I really do hope to get to the rest of this blogging stuff this week, but ta ta for now!!

15 comments:

SouthfieldFam said...

Glad to hear that you are alive! Sounds like life is as crazy as ever! gimme a call if you need help with anything!

Becky J. said...

Ooh, he's really cute! Go Pam! So fun you all got to meet him! Thanks again for hooking me up with the adorable modbe suit, Deb! I love it!

SouthfieldFam said...

You've been tagged! Check my blog for instructions!

Brian&Pam said...

Deb! FUN BLOG! (especially the part about Brian :) That was such a great trip - thanks for going all out to make it so special...you guys are the best and I love you and am gonna miss ya tons this summer!

Brian&Pam said...

PS - good work Joe on making your anniversary so special - let me know how that GPS works out...I'm thinking I want to get one too :)

Anonymous said...

I loved this post, Deb! You are crazy busy....HOW DO YOU DO IT?! I'm glad your anniversary turned out so well after all of the craziness! (Good Job Joe!) And I also loved the picture of Pam and her "friend" Brian! :) WE LOVE THAT GUY....AND WE LOVE YOU GUYS TOO!!!! xoxoxoxo

Melissa said...

Yay! Thanks for posting this pic!!! I have been dying to see a pic of Brian. How cool is it that they drove clear up to see you all. You must have felt pretty special. He sounnds like such a great guy. I loved the story about your anniversary. Joe is awesome. How sweet that he found you a GPS watch. Greg has one of those and loves it. I'm sure you will too. The movie picnic is a great idea. Isn't it funny how creative you have to be with kids sometimes?!

Tyson and Laurel said...

Hey! It is fun to catch up with you on the blog! I am glad your anniversary was sweet. good job, Joe.

I am glad you are doing well and keeping busy and happy!

NT Weekes Family said...

Been there, Done That... oh Wait, still doing it! :o)

HAPPY Anniversry & Mother's Day!
You can always count on "our" guys to come up with great ideas! Sometimes, it's just nice to stay home when you've been soooo busy!

A.Lee said...

Happy Anniversary! A GPS sounds like a cool gift. Heath got me a pink BB gun. Just call me Annie Oakley. Sounds like a cute date with Joe. Hope things calm down a little for you guys. I tagged you, too, but it looks like Jessica got here first. So you can kill two birds with one post. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Wow, is all I can say. My life has not reached that kind of craziness yet. Happy Anniversary and what a cute way to celebrate it:) Ours kind of gets skipped since it is 2 days after Christmas. I knew that would happen but I wasn't willing to wait any longer so I can't complain about it. I got my suit and I love it! Thanks for talking me into an XS it's perfect. Let me know when they go on sale for like half off and I just might have to get another one:) Have a good one!!

Rachel Berry said...

Wow you are a busy girl. Hope thing even out soon so you can let us all know how your doing!

:)Rachel

Hey how do I get a hold of Brian? I would love to read their blog too!

Summer Freeman said...

You have such a cute fam!!

Justin and Janell said...

well, atleast you have your priorities straight! I love reading your blog and sharing a peice of your lives. Your awesome!. I definitely need to buy a swim suit, they are soo cute! We will be here for another year, so times running out! Hehe. Love you guys!

CAMI said...

Man life can get away from you huh! WE know how you feel!- not so many kids- but add a move- which means we are coming down your way- hope we will see you!