Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kambree is SWIMMING!!!

This is a post I did not anticipate writing this year. I knew she would get it eventually but I thought it might be a couple summers before it really happened. She is SWIMMING! I am so very excited for her. I read an article on kids with hemi plegia and swimming and it talked about how much kids with hemi plegia love swimming. It is such great thearpy for them. I think it just gives them a sense of freedom from thier muscles and limbs that don't work exactly right, and it makes their body feel so weightless. When I read the article it talked about how they would learn to swim using mostly their good side but as they figured out out to swim then they could start to learn how to use the effected side in helping. I had been continually encouraging her to use her right side too, over and over I would say that to her and she would get frustrated. After I read the article I decided to just let her do it (I will admit she finds a way of figuring everything out) I just wondered how she would get it with only one arm and one leg, how do you swim like that? Well she got it and she got it good. She is doing better and better and even using her right side a little bit now, watch on the viedo the right wing it is so cute. She is doing so so well this Little girl never ceases to AMAZE me, for her accomplishing something like this is so big. This girl really is my inspiriation in life, I never hear a word of complaint come out of her mouth, she is able to do these things because she believes she can do it and because she knows she can, even when all odds are against her she does it!! She truly is an amazing person as are all my children they teach me so so much, I am so privledged to be their Mama.

The second viedo is of her diving down for a dive stick. Like I said she never ceases to amaze me. She is swimming and getting dive sticks at the bottom of the pool at age 5 YEAH!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox
aubs

Anonymous said...

YEAH KAMS!!!! Holy Cow, I almost started crying....I am SO proud of her. That is truly amazing, Deb. What an inspiration. We have loved all of these videos and the kids keep starting them over and over and over and over! Wow-They are all super-fish!!!! :)

Rachel Berry said...

Love all your video's of the kids swimming. Esp. Kambree's that's so very awesome. She's amazing.

:)Rachel

David and Kira said...

Okay, next year-a family pass to a public pool!! They are doing awesome! How nice for you and so fun for them!

Brian&Pam said...

WOW! Those videos are so fun - your kids are quite the little fish! (Kapri included :) and that Kams is such an inspiration...she makes me want to be so much better. :) Love you all - see you in a week!

SouthfieldFam said...

YAY for Kams! She is so amazing! I LOVE hearing about all of her accomplishments and her determination to do whatever she puts her mind to!

A.Lee said...

She is awesome!!! Hooray for her. I loved watching her swim.

Amanda Sue said...

Way to go Kambree! She is the sweetest girl! I love her to pieces! Like Pam said, she makes me want to be a better person!!!
Love ya Kams!