Home they are leaving behind
The Lake house
All their family
My amazing Dad!
And very sweet loving wonderful Mama
The two of them, oh I love those guys!
Well I got some Wonderful very sad news this week. My parents have been serving a 6 month mission in Wyoming this summer at the Willie Hancart Center. They have had some amazing wonderful experiences and again are serving the youth in so many ways helping them gain testimonies as they connect the past to the present. They are neck deep in the work so busy serving as they have done their whole life. There time is up at the end of October and they are excited to come home and build on their lake house and get back to the farm but...
Elder Longson (the director over the mission and the branch president) called them in and extended a call to them to stay for another year. They called my Dad to be the 1st counsler in the branch presidency there and for him to be director over the physical facilities there at the Willie and Martin Centers. Wow what a call... My parents called me a few hours later to tell me the news and ask me what they should do, they had so many mixed feelings, they were so excited to come home this fall and be with their family again and build on their lake house. Elder Longson said they did not have to take the call but he said the night before he called my Dad to the calling his name just kept popping into his head, they he just felt like he needed to extend the call to my parents.
When they asked me what I thought, I will have to say I was a bit overwhelmed, another year without them... but I do have to say I felt peace. The scripture came into my head "many are called but few are chosen and why are they not chosen? Because they set their hearts upon the things of this world" my parents have always been called and chosen because they heed the counsel of the Lord. And do not set their hearts to much upon the things of this world.
They set aside the things they so wanted to do in the next year and accepted the call. What amazing people they are. Such examples to me. I know it was not easy for them to say yes, they miss their kids and grandkids so badly and home... the Lake house all the things they love but they have set it all aside for another year for pure service for the Lord. I hope I will be like them some day.
I don't know how I will do it. My mom is one of my very best friends and I have missed her so so dearly but I am so supportive of their decision. I am grateful others can be blessed by their lives, the way I have been my whole life. I have the most wonderful parents in the whole world, I am so glad to be theirs.
Today my mom said she told Heavenly Father in her prayers, "I will accept the call to do this and serve, there are a few more miracles that need to happen in our family,
We need to get Carly (she is a little girl that Amy would love to adopt, Amy has had her, her whole first year of life because the state took her away from her mother, they have now given her back to her mom and Amy would love to get her back and adopt her, the little girl is Craig's Amy's husbands niece.)
Tyler needs some miracles (he is Brian's baby who has hydrocephalus he has had some real struggles with eating but recently had a feeding tube put in which is doing wonders)
And don't forget Kambree she prayed.
That was my mom's prayer not a blessing for herself just her sweet for her sweet Grandbabies. Miracles she knows Heavenly Father will bless her family with because of her service. Miracles have happened while they are serving right now and when they served their last mission, and I know more will be performed as they have chosen to stay.
What faith and commitment they have to the gospel and what unselfishness! They are wearing out their lives in the service of the Lord and because of it they have seen miracles in the lives of them and their families.
My heart already misses them so much but I am so blessed to be able to call them My parents!!!
10 comments:
Do your parents have email?
Holy Cow Deb-I know this must have been a thunderbolt for you, because we've talked about this! They are lucky to have someone like you supporting them, for sure! Do they have to stay through the holidays, or will they get to come visit? Probably not, huh? Well they are truly AMAZING people and I know that you will ALL be blessed for your sacrifices. Love them and love you guys too!
Wow, what a sacrifice! But "sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven" as you said, and you all will be blessed. I'm so glad you were able to go see them on your recent trip with the youth (you were, right?) and hope the year will fly by for you all until you're reunited again!
What great examples your parents are to you, your family, and the people they serve daily! Your family will have blessing added upon your heads for their service! What a special legacy of faith they are giving you and your children! It's hard to complain to much when you know they are where they are supposed to be!
Your parents are truly amazing, this post made me emotional. Just remembering how wonderful your parents are and the example that they set as servants of the Lord.
When Mom and Dad called us yesterday to tell us the news, I just kept thinking that they don't cut us much slack as parents...we have so much to live up to because of your Mom and Dad. They just serve wherever and whenever they are called. I love it that they show us the best example and that makes us all want to be more like them.
We were both happy and sad after we got off the phone with them. Happy because they're doing exactly what they should be doing. But a little sad because we were planning on staying with them for a couple of months next summer for Brian's externships. So I can imagine this is probably really hard news for you that Mom especially will be gone so much longer than planned. Does she have to be there the whole time, or can she take a few days here and there to visit her kids, etc.
I love your parents sooo much! They really are wonderful and committed servents of the Lord.
wow, what an awesome example. I loved reading your post and it made me want to be better. I read about things like this and I really feel like i can do SOOOOOOO much better. Your parents are awesome.
What a wonderful blessing!! :o)
So Neat & Special & Honor!
What a wonderful example for their grandkids!
This post gave me chills! What great parents you have Deb- they are such an amazing example to us all :) and so are YOU - you are truly a woman of faith and I love you SO MUCH!!!! :)
Post a Comment