Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Peterson reunion

This is Joe's Mom's side of the family, the petersons, a reunion we go to every year it is so so fun we love going and enjoy just visiting, catching up, playing with cousins, eating, eating and more eating, celebrating birthdays, exchanging F.H.E packets, sharing recipes, playing volleyball, watching BYU football, water sports, sawdust hunt, and most of all just being together, it was lots of fun with a lot of chaos. We shared a room with Joe's brother and his wife, with their 5 kids so between between the two of us there was 9 kids 6 and under and four adults, you can imagine how much sleep we got:) still great memories. My favorite part is just catching up and sharing sweet memories with family!!
Lorna Joe's Aunt was in charge with her family this year and they did a Dr. Seuss theme "Oh the places you'll go" Think about that if you have a minute, Oh the places you'll go and the people you will meet when you get there. It was a great theme and we all had a wonderful time Dr. Seuss style.


The kids before church showing their reverence, wow that's a first:)


Kayelee being Kayelee


dirty face, but a cute one



I just have to say this is Pam, Joe's sister and I know she will kill me for putting this picture on here but I just had to. She is one of the most incredible people I know. She is the most amazing aunt all my kids just love her to pieces and think the world of her. Not only that but I just love her and think the world of her. There are not many people in this world quite like her. She is one of my very best friends. And I so consider her my sister (thank goodness I married Joe:) She is so selfless and giving. Her heart is so huge she has room to love everyone and is so greatful for everything. She is so patient and kind and her and I just connect we could talk for hours about anything or nothing. She has spent many a nights with me when Joe is out of town, I even took a road trip with her just me her and three kids across Idaho when Joe was gone on business. She is the one who convinced me I could run a half marathon and ran my first one with me (I so thank her for helping me gain that confidence, she has run a full marathon herself) and since then I have even ran a 2nd one (half that is:). I could go on and on. I have so many wonderful memories with her and so many good laughs to look back on. I really just don't know what I would do with out this girl and I just wanted her to know that. It isn't too often that we get to publicly thank people that mean so much to us so this is my chance to do that for her. Love ya Pam, so so much!!!



famous saw dust hunt



We had an amazing wonderful time:)!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had an amazing wonderful time too....because you guys were there! Love the pics, love the post and what you wrote about Pam too....SO true! How funny we both posted about this the same time :) I saw your comment on mine....You will have to check it out again, because it was having issues and I think I fixed it since you saw it. And I added some new posts. Anyway, love ya SO much and I'm sure I'll talk to you soon :)

Brian&Pam said...

Deb! What a FUN surprise...a post on me "just because." You just made my day and let me just tell you that the feeling is mutual! You already know it, but YOU truly are one of my bestest friends, kindred spirits, and most favorite people! :) I CHERISH the memories we've made and chats we've had and can't wait to have so many more! Love you tons!!!!

Brian&Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian&Pam said...

haha oops! I posted a comment and then realized it made no sense! Anyway, what I was trying to say was CUTE pics - all except one that is - haha ;) The reunion was AWESOME - Collette's did an AMAZING job and thanks for making the trek down from Boise to be there...it definitely would not have been the same without you guys...or anyone for that matter...I LOVE LOVE LOVE our family! :)

Rose said...

This was SO much fun. Every year i look forward to seeing you and your beautiful family and what you are up to. And each year, im absolutely impressed.

Love you.

A.Lee said...

Sounds like a really fun reunion--most of ours our really boring. I love that Dr. Seuss book. It really sums up life in a fun way--lots of deep meaning. How awesome that you have such a good friend as a sister-in-law.