We had an un-expected visit to the ER this week. Kambree got sick and she sometimes has seizures accompanied with a sickness they don't happen very often about 2 times a year but they are horrible when they do. This time she had one and because she has had them before and she doesn't come out of them on her own we have a medicine called Diastat to give her to take her out of the seizure. It has always worked. She went into the seizure and we gave her the medicine as usual and she relaxed for just a short time and then continued to have a seizure it was so scary she has never done that before. So I called my brother who lives by us in Nampa he is a internal medicine-peadiatrics doctor (it has been so nice having him close) I called him and asked him what to do, he said if she is still seizing then we need to get her to the ER so they can stop the seizure because when you are in a seizure for that long there is limited amout of oxygen that is getting to the brain and it can cause some further damage so of course at this point I am so scared, we jumped in the car Joe drove and I held her and we said a prayer that all would be alright. We got there and she was still seizing it was very scary, they very quickly got us back and they had an IV in her in no time and gave her some medicine through the IV which made her finally come out of the Seizure. She was in it for over a half hour it was very scary. We stayed at the hospital for a couple of hours as they did some tests and then let us take her home telling us to bring her back if it happened again. She slept from that point on till about 7:45 the next morning with us giving her IB-profren Tylonel around the clock. The medicine for the seizure is a relaxant and so it makes her so sleepy along with the postdictical phase of the seizure so we always hope she will come out of everything alright. When she woke up the next day she was still sick but all her wits were about her and she was doing well. It is always such a happy day when she is ok after an ordeal like that.
Oh I just love my kids and when they go through things like that I realize I would do anything for them, I would do anything to take their pain away the difficult thing is all I can do is watch. It is amazing how you can love those little people so so much, even more than you can express. Trials with children are the hardest, I will admit though being a part of Kambree's trials has taught me so many wonderful things about life and what truly is most important.
It was so sad to see her in that state but we know all things are in the hands of the Lord and we know he is in charge. We were so glad to see her back to her normal self and she even got a brand new blanket out of it. When we got home the kids all wanted a new blanket of their own, if they only knew what price they would have to pay. I will admit that girl goes through some very hard things she is so tuff and NEVER complains, she is such a great example to me.
One of the first things Kambree asked the next day is if Daddy had given her a special blessing, she knows when she has a seizure that he usually does that but this time everything was so fast we just said a special prayer on the way to the hospital she was ok with that. But it was so neat to me that, that meant so much to her, she has such amazing faith.

I just love this girl so so much!!!!!
16 comments:
So glad she is ok and grateful the time that we live in affords us trips to the ER where people and medicine are so easily available.
That is so scary! I can't imagine how hard it is to see your child go through something like that. I'm glad she's okay!
How scary! And wow, how impressive Kams is. It must not be fun for her to go through it either. I'm glad she's okay!
Wow...what a scary experience. You are such a brave mom to go through all this with Kambree. She is such a special little girl.
I haven't read blogs in a while so congrats on your little girl! Some name ideas I thought of (starting with K!) are: Kaitlyn or Keira.
Wow Deb you are so awesome! I can't even imagine going through that. You are so brave and tuff yourself, I would be a nervous wreck. What a blessing she is, I have never met her but she just seems like the sweetest little girl. I am so glad she is back to her normal self!
We are so glad Kambree is okay. What a toughy! You guys have an amazing daughter. Congratulations on the healthy little girl!
Oh, and I like the name Keira as well!
Glad all is well with your little girl!! Surprises are always the worst!!
Wow, Deborah! I can't even imagine, I am so glad that she is okay. You have such a beautiful family and I read that you have another little girl on the way! How fun! My Dad's motto is that if you just keep having kids eventually the odds even things out (he had three girls in a row, then three boys in a row) so hopefully that will provide Kyle some hope. :) I was sad I missed you at Thanksgiving.
Oh so glad she is ok! What a scary night. You guys are such great examples. Thanks.
I'm glad she's alright- eve though I work in a hospital, I still don't like to be there unless I have to. She is lucky to have parents that teach her about the gospel like you guys do.
Man Im glad shes ok what a trooper!
Ps congrats on the lil one being a girl- whats one more right!
hey! yikes when I read this I just cried because I think of poor sweet Kams and her tender spirit what a trooper. hope you're catching up on sleep now a little. Oh and our blog is dwilsonfamily@blogspot.com :) love ya!
It takes a special person, and a wonderful mom to have the tenacity to get through what you do. I admire your strong spirit and such faith in the lord. Kams is an incredible little girl!! I bet I have soooo much to learn from her!!
I'm so glad she was okay. Kids major illnesses are the scariest things I've ever gone through too. It's amazing how strong you are when you have to be. Actually that statement fits kids and parents.
What a tear-jerking story! You guys must have been so terrified. That's a really long time for a seizure. I'm glad she's feeling better though. She's such a sweet little girl.
It was fun to see all of your Christmas pics. Your kids are so cute and you are such a great mom. You really are such an inspiration to me. You make having 4 1/2 kids look so smooth. That is so cool that your whole family could go to the temple together. I never knew about your brother that passed away (how did I miss that?!) You have one amazing family. It was great to see you all over the holidays.
Post a Comment