This is not all the broken ones let me just tell ya:)
Ok I know it looks pretty bad:(
Oh man Deb what were you thinking??!!!!
Ok so I just had to share my wonderful experiences of today March 6th 2009. What a day it has been...
Tomorrow is Primary activity day we do 4 a year for the primary kids and this one just happens to be the one I am in charge of. We are doing it on service so the treats we decided to make were hand shaped cookies, ya know hands doing service. So on Wednesday I made over 60 hand shaped cookies it took a good couple of hours and I will admit the fingers were not always cooperative but I got them all made. After they were made, I needed a good spot to put these 60 cookies since I would not be getting them out till friday to decorate them... well where could I put them where they were out of the way of 4 little kiddos so I stuck them on the top of my washer.
Seems safe right? ok so wrong.
I didn't do a batch of Laundry until friday morning, why couldn't I have waited till the afternnoon I don't know but none the less I started the load while I was in the kitchen well a while later I heard a big crash, didn't think much of it thought it was just the clothes in the laundry so I went in there and didn't see anything so thought all was well, not so... when I went to get the cookies out that afternoon to frost them low and behold one of those dear sweet pans of cookies was no longer on the top of the washer, Oh man I am thinking (actually worse than that) so now I have to make another batch to make sure I have 60 so I make that and while I am making it I forgot to put the sugar in with the butter, sour cream, vanilla and egg, ok so I had already put the flour in so I just decided to add the sugar last oh well right (I was on the phone while I was making them), I have never done that before so I didn't know what would happen, lets just say they looked like Grandma hands insted of kids hands but I was not about to make another batch after all they'd be frosted right. I do have to say in this process Kyle finds out what is going on and says Mom it's ok you don't have to make anymore Kayelee, Kambree and I don't need to have one. Thank goodness for his sweetness to make it through the moment.
Now I have to begin frosting all these cookies so of course I have lots of little helpers but I informed them today was not a day to help, they did pretty good, I think they feared their punishment.
So I start frosting and I can't sit because if I put everything on the table then I have a sweet little two year old into everything so I spend the whole time standing up the counter atleast a couple hours in all, lets just say this big prego body did not love all the stand time.
While I was frosting I thought about a friend who was moving and decided I hadn't done anything to help them so I think to myself I have to call her and check on her, so I do and low and behold they have been sick and she is pregnant and have 5 kids of her own, so I get off the phone and think what can I do??? Ok I have a pantry full of stuff so I go get a few cans of soup that is good for sickness right I add in a box of brownies for when they feel better and a box of muffins for a fast breakfast and think, I know this is not the best but better than nothing right ok so Joe gets home and I tell him I am runing over there to drop this off.
So I do, I get into the care and oh yes, I back into some lovely black mailboxes, this is the only part of our subdivision that even has mail boxes aaaaaahhhhhhhh!! I didn't see it when I was backing, it was in my blind spot. I hear the crunch and think oh no and then my next thought is thank goodness our van is a piece a junk, you have to know our van to know it is so ugly on the outside... Thank goodness for ugly today, one whole front panel is chipping and rusted (the van has been in a wreck not by us) then I tried to drive under a trailer on the way to Kam's pre-school one day so a nice chip and dent on the front along with a few scraches, then Kyle needed to stop for a bathroom break and we pulled over and Joe backed into a telephone pole, and then last year I was at the park, maybe two summers ago and a nice ol little garbage pickup came to pick up the garbage and he got out of his pick up and the car rolled down the hill right into the back corner of the van the only perfect side it had until then.
The van has been through a lot needless to say and thank goodness on a day like yesterday so I thought oh well the whole thing looks ugly whats another dent, but it is a bad dent and looks pretty bad.
But then I think I still have to swallow all pride I may have left and go tell the people own the mailboxes that I ran into their mail box.
Oh man I come home and ask Joe on a day like today why would I even try to leave the house???
Well it was just one of those days I haven't had one in a long while so I guess it was my turn, hopefully it won't be my turn for another long long while. Needless to say I was in my bed and sleeping by 9:30 on a friday night, my body was aching from all the sugar cookies and yard work I had done earlier that day and maybe If I slept I could do no more damage.
My friend left a cute quote on her blog and it fit perfectly with today...
When my day can't get any worse... Then it has been perfect.
8 comments:
Wow, what a day! It must be the time of year for them because you're the third one I've heard/read about today. I'm so sorry it was so hard, especially when you're prego. I dislike making sugar cookies because they are such a loooong process, but I hope the Primary activity turned out well in the end and that the people who owned the mailboxes were nice about it. And I hope this next week is awesome!
Oh Deb! That definitely qualifies as a "terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day!" Hopefully it means some especially good ones are just around the corner. Sure love ya! :)
Sorry for such a rough day, but knowing you I am sure you handled it as well as anybody could have.
Oh, My! I hope you have recovered. You are wonder woman even though things didn't go exactly as planned. I think I would have thrown in the towel and said, "I'm done." Hope your activity turned out o.k.
OH GOODNESS!!! Girl, I need to dig through my pantry for you!! Or wait...really, my toiletries for some bath salts, lotion, and a sweet CD for your poor prego body!! What a day!! I can't believe how much you did!! Maybe you dented your car for a reason, and you will get a new one that much sooner...LOL!!! Have a great week!! oh...and I love that quote at the end...!!
Oh my! Deb! What a day! I hope your primary activity went well!
Super cute quote. I love it.
Oh man! You poor thing! You need a serious break!!!! We should go have a girls night, and go shopping and do a movie or something. It'd be fun! Or let us watch your kids and you and Joe go on a date!!! Seriously!
Your poor van too- it's been through alot! LOL!!!
I cannot believe you didn't tell me when you where at my house! I am so sorry that you took out a mailbox to bring us soup! We made the brownies today though and they were SO tasty and our house smells homey! Thanks again for always thinking of others and let's do a girls night before Paislee comes! I told Joe he couldn't help with the moving unless he agreed to the name and he put down his box and started to leave! ;o) Pretty funny guy that one! Thanks again!
Post a Comment