There is a coupon class coming up on March 31st at the La Quinta Inn in Caldwell it is only an hour long and is totally free, I just wanted to see if anyone would like to go with me:) give me a sec. (see below) and I'll tell you why I want to go.
Ok so I have recently become very intrigued by coupons lately... I have a friend who coupons and follows deals really well and she has been e-mailing a bunch of ladies in our ward when there are deals that come out. I would often read the deals and then dis-regard them or if they were really good then I would do them often I would find out later that I could have saved a whole lot and then was bummed because I didn't take part in the sale.
Well recently there was a diaper deal and of course this caught my attention so I took part and was able to get 20 bags of diapers and 10 bags of wipes probably at-least a year supply of wipes and enough diapers until this baby is well into size 3 I got them for a great deal but if I could have utilized the full sale I could have even saved more. Then I get on this blog http://www.athriftymom.com/ and find out that there was a lady who got 156 bags of pampers diapers and paid $1.12 for the whole lot can you believe that now that is savings... that really blew me away when you are speding hundreds on diapers each year... man I thought even if this does take some time it is worth it atleast for the things I use daily. This lady does all the work too if you are willing to cut and print off coupons all you have to do is follow a couple of blogs that I know of and they do all the work for you putting coupons and sales together with whatever store has the items on sale. They are always telling you ways you can get stuff for free. Since I have started dabbling in this I have gotten 2 free movies for living scriptures along with free fridge magnents of some Book of Mormon Charcters and a free coloring book. I hit a great sale at Albertsons and got tons of cake mixes, brownie mixes, muffin mixes etc. for somewhere like .30cents -1.00 dollar and I'm not even taking part in all the coupons and deals... I also got a great deal on huggies diapers and wipes and on that one I did use printable coupons. I just signed up for the paper where I can get it for $13.80 a month and I get 4 sunday papers each week so I get extra coupons. Anyone who lives in Idaho can get this deal just ask me how if you want to get the paper for the coupons. Well I guess I will see where it takes me... I will admit I like how all the work is done for me all I have to do is print and clip coupons and follow these amazing ladies who follow these sales and deals like a hawk...
So I guess my moral is if you want to learn how to save a lot come with me to the class:)!
9 comments:
What time does the class start? I would love to go! I need to see if my Mom will babysit, but I have been trying to start the coupon stuff too and it can be confusing! I always find out about a BETTER way to have used the coupon once I am done and think I have gotten a great deal! ;o)
I want to go too! Let me know when and where.
I wanted to come up to Boise for one tonight also, (It was a the YMCA though), but well, life happens, I am totally into the coupon clipping and super good sales and deals, Good luck, and have fun with it, Celebrate the good deals, then you will be more enthusiastic about the hassle of it all! But I agree, it is so worth it, and you build up a good food storage! Good luck!!
Deb I have been reading your blog for a while and I love it. You are truly amazing and I really look up to you, even though I'm older and taller.j/k I miss ya. Jana tells me how they visit you sometimes and I wish we could do that. We are somewhat always at the same stage of life (we're always just barely one behind) and you seem to have such a good -- no great attitude. I hope you know how truly inspirational you are to me.
That is AWESOME...!!! I AM GOING WITH YOU...!!! I have been trying to start this, and actually got tons of stuff a few weeks ago! I got free toothpaste, deoderant...girly products (blush)(take that back, I really don't blush often)and tons of other stuff!! The only problem is I feel like I just don't know what I am doing, and need someone to hold my hand and tell me exactly which coupons to use and when, cause there is more than just couponing...it is crazy the stuff that you can do...so, ya, make sure you DO NOT go without me!!!
oh...I tried to get on that site you put on there...and it didn't really have anything there...?? Thought I would let ya know!
You know I would LOVE to go if I was there....You'll just have to tell me all about it :)
Hey! I just got that Sunday Paper deal a couple weeks ago too. I am trying to start couponing too. Have you seen www.pinchingyourpennies.com? It is a great one too.
On PYP click on State Forums and go to Screaming Deals by State Idaho. I am starting out with just Albertsons and Walgreens until I figure things out better, so I just check out any of the posts on those. Each week there is an Albertsons shopping list (or something like that) posted on Monday or Tuesday night. It is the info for the sale that starts each Wednesday. So, that helps to get planned out ahead of time so you don't miss the deals waiting for the paper to come... I am still working out how to do this too, so if you get any good tips let me know, my sister in law is doing it, so if you have any questions for someone who is experienced, let me know and I will ask her. ;) Good luck! Let me know how it goes for you!
Post a Comment