This is Kayelee this morning with all her fun friends. Her arm is sore for the surgery yesterday and the other arm has 2 IV's. But she is so happy to have her fun friends and we are smiling over here from all the good news.
Aubree and Ellie gave her this cute leopard, we named her sparkles, she has sparkley fur. The OR nurses dressed her all up during surgery and she was able to go with Kayelee to surgery.
Sleeping beauty
Our friend sent a craft project to do and Kayelee loved it! They were magnets and she painted them, so fun!
listening to the i pod
Well we have some good news!!! (I am so excited to say that a first this week)They wheeled her into the PICU this morning and we were waiting to get started with the phresis when the Dr. came in and said. Her labs show some imporvement in her kidneys. The BUN was down and the Creatin (which has not gone down since we have been here) was down finally, We want these levels to be down. Joe and I were so so super excited! They called Kayelee's docs and they said lets hold off on the phresis, they want to see if she can kick this on her own.YAHOOO! We are not trying to get our hopes up but we are so excited for some good news and some hope for recovery on her own, that would just be wonderful!I know the Lords hand has been in all of this but yesterdays events made it especially evident. Her surgery to put the pic line in was supposed to be at 1:50 we were wheeled down to the OR and ready to get her preped for surgery when the surgeon came in and said he had a 7-8 hour surgery that he could not delay any longer so he was going to have to push ours back to way later that night or see if his partner could do it. So we came back up into her room and waited. I called Joe to tell him what happened and told him for some reason I felt like that was a good thing, that I didn't even mind it it ended up being tomorrw just so we could give her a little more time. Well they called us a couple hours later and took us down. Little did I know those couple hours would make the difference. So we went down and they preformed the sugery by the time it was done and she was in recovery it was after 6 She was supposed to start the pheresis that evening. The Doc came in and said they decided to start it tomorrow and I was very relieved I felt really good about that. Well that gave her enough time to make a turn. When they drew labs this morning just before pheresis they showed some REALLY GOOD improvement!!! Her plateletes were even up. I very much feel the Lord help push that surgery back so Kayelee could show them her own improvement. A wonderful Miracle!!! She still has quite a road a head of her but this is the first step!!She is quite sore from the surgery and now has tubes in both arms so she doesnt want to move her body very much but her spirits are high and she is doing great. I did a little dance for her this morning after we found out the good news and I got a pretty smile from that cute face.Thank you for the many prayers and fasting. The out poring of Love has spilt over and wrapped many hugs around us and we have felt the love, prayers, fasting, thoughts everything so so much.
She has needed them and will continue to need them as she heals from this illness.
We love you all so much!!!
Also we moved rooms so we have new phone # 208-381-2889 They draw labs again at 5:00 and we will keep you posted as to how those go.
6 comments:
Yay! This is my favorite post yet! That Kiwers is a beauty! Love you all! :)
Yay for Kayelee! So glad to hear there's improvement. Love your header picture! What a cute girl!
Oh good! We will keep her in our prayers! : )
Yay Kayelee! Keep getting stronger!
Finally! You've all been so strong. Tell Kiwi we love her and you're all in our prayers
OH, Deb what a blessing! I hope things continue to look up. She is such a sweetheart. Your sweet family is in our prayers!
Post a Comment