Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My little Chefs

I came up with the bright idea of the "special cook" Each week (just one day in the week) one of the kids get to be in charge and be the "special cook" and they get to decide what we cook the day they are in charge and then they can help me (along with the other kids) with all the preparations and then enjoy eating. I don't take the time to let my kids help me in the kitchen as much as I'd like so I thought this would give them a good opportunity to learn a bit about cooking and have some fun. We haven't actually cooked anything yet, I have been wanting to get the aprons done, (the idea which I got from Joe's cousin, just dish towels really easy, fun, and cute) so now that these aprons are done let the fun begin!!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, SO DANG CUTE! I especially love Kapri's! What a fun idea....You are one great mom, Deb :)

Brian and Camilla Freeman said...

I love this idea! And that's a good idea to make aprons from dishtowels!

NT Weekes Family said...

ok, What are the odds.. my mom & I were just talking about making aprons (I need a new one!) & she was showing me all these different ones she had & low & behold she pulls out the "dish towel" apron! I thought what an awesome idea! & I LoVe the BiG pocket!--- I found a different patern though that I'm going to use instead, but I still might make those aprons for my kids to replace the ones they already have! --FuN MOM you are!--

A.Lee said...

I LOVE that idea!!! So cute. And that little Kapri needs a smoosh. Those aprons are adorable. I bet your kids will love being able to help in the kitchen as a special chef. I'm not very good at letting my kids help me because they slow me down. But I remember my mom always let me help. I usually only let them help me with cookies, and I'm so mean because I won't let them stick their fingers in until I'm done with the bowl. I just put a big scoop of dough in a measuring cup and let them sit at the table to eat it.

By the way, I'm so glad the bird thing didn't just happen to me. I thought the bird world was conspiring against me. Feel free to borrow my pink BB rifle next time you go running!

Pregnancy is going well. I wear a maternity support belt that has eased A LOT of my round ligament pain. The swelling isn't so bad yet this time around. I'm 34 weeks today. Getting so close!

Melissa said...

Great idea to let them have a special chef's night. I bet they love that! Way to go with the aprons---they turned out so cute! Did I mention that I made a ton of aprons for my kids (boys and girls)to give at birthday parties. I give the little pan/ rolling pin set from Ikea with it and it has been a big hit!