Friday, June 4, 2010

Austin Family Staycation

Below are pictures of our Staycation, below the pictures is the explanation... you can tell I haven't been blogging much lately:)


Foam Puppets

Welcome home fiesta for Kayelee

Pinata at My cousin's Chaelanie's house. She did a welcome home party for Kayelee and we had a blast.

Bowling



Spa time with the girls



Breakfast at the Restaurant


Over memorial day we had an Austin family Staycation. I got the idea from the Family Fun magazine, there website is a great resource for fun activites and ideas of things to do, make, cook, create all with kids in mind http://www.familyfun.com/. I created this schedule and we did it like a small family reunion at our house with just our kids. It was so fun our kids loved it and it was just what we needed after our long stay in the hospital and being apart as a family. It was great just taking a whole weekend and focusing on the kids. I think we will do it every year. Above are some highlights of our weekend.

1st Annual Austin Family STAYCATION (stay at home vacation)
May 2010

Friday night:
- Daddy gets home begin the party
- Chicken nuggets and Pizza
- Sleepover, Sleeping bags, movies, and popcorn

Saturday:
- Happy Late Birthday Lizzie
- Open Brittlee’s presents Sing Happy Birthday

Breakfast:
The Red Restaurant aka Austin family kitchen: Mom and Dad are the cook and waiter
Menu—order what you want
Eggs
Toast
Hot Chocolate
Oatmeal
Pancakes
Waffles
Cereal

Cupcake decorating – decorate cupcakes for Britt’s birthday

Free Play
Mom reads stories

Lunch: Indian Fry Bread
Clean up

Spa hour for the girls/ wood making project Kyle and Dad… you guys get BrittJ

Cool off with popsicles and rest

Bowling

Dinner: Something goodJ Maybe out to eat?


Sunday:

Mom work on sharing time, Dad has meetings. Kids free time, focus on the Savior, read Friend, watch Jesus Movies or family videos.

--Everyone baths and ready for church. Clean up and help where needed

Church

Make a treat together

Play games—Hide and seek, Charades, Bingo, Hot potato, Mother May I, Uno attack,

Eat Popcorn and have egg sandwiches

Monday:

Breakfast: Menu (see first breakfast)

Show and Tell—Everyone gets their “favorite thing” and they get to share it with the family.

Craft—foam animals/puppet show

Lunch: sandwiches/smoothies

2:00 FIESTA—at Chaelaines, PiƱata, BBQ, fun with cousins.


Come home, End of Austin Staycation. Put all Austin tinies in bed.

4 comments:

Amanda Sue said...

Sounds like SO MUCH FUN! What a great way to spend the weekend with your family! Love you guys so much! :)

Brian&Pam said...

What a great idea! I definitely want to do this with this little family o' mine :) And what perfect timing to do it with your sweet family after being apart for so long...glad it turned out so well! I bet this will be something your kids will remember and look forward to each year :)

Becky J. said...

What a great idea! That sounds like so much fun. We did that when I was a kid and I can remember that staycation as much as any other vacation we took, maybe better. We took the phones off the hook and just spent time with the family, no interruptions. It was awesome. I'm so glad you're together again and can do fun things as a family.

Melissa said...

This is so cute. I bet your kids just loved it too! How sweet that your cousin? threw a welcome home party for Kayelee. That must have been so fun to celebrate!