We started this tradition 6-7 years ago. The whole week before Father's Day we celebrate what a good Daddy we have. It is so fun. On Monday we always start off with posters and each of the kids tell me what they love about Joe and then I type them up, I type one too of all the things I love about him, the kids decorate them and then tape them on the wall (see photo below). Then everyday we have one of his favorite treats on the table for him when he comes home. We try to do a fun activity with him but Kyle had baseball on Monday and Joe had church meetings Tues. Wed. and tomorrow so we haven't gotten to do any fun activities with him yet. I will take him out on the weekend on a hot date and then on Sunday we will spoil him with presents and his very favorite Sunday dinner. It is so fun and the kids get into it with me and we love it. We love having the opportunity to just express thanks to him for all he does.
Joe is the most amazing Husband and Daddy for us. We love him with all of our hearts. He works so hard for us everyday so we can have the things we want and need. He is such a giving man he gives to everyone not just his family. I could list all his qualities but it would go on for so long. He really is a giant of a man a real hero with a heart of gold. He is a wonderful example of pure goodness in all that he does. I love him so much.
Happy Father's Week Joe!!!

The posters
One of the daily treats
2 comments:
I LOVE this idea! How thoughtful, I bet Joe and the kids love it too. We just may have to start a similar tradition. You have so many great traditions.
You need to post fun traditions BEFORE they happen to give the rest of us a heads up. I think we will have to copy you, but it will start on Father's Day!
Post a Comment